First Day of School is Tuesday, September 5, 2017!
S.E.E.D.S. is a program that is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). For more than 25 years, families have relied on NAEYC Accreditation to ensure the quality of education and care provided in programs for young children. Early childhood programs accredited by the NAEYC Academy for Early Childhood Program Accreditation have voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process of internal self-study and improvement. Each NAEYC-Accredited program must meet all 10 of the NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards:
- Promote positive relationships for all children and adults to encourage each child’s sense of individual worth.
- Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development: cognitive, emotional, language, physical, and social.
- Use developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching approaches.
- Provide ongoing assessments of a child’s learning and development and communicate the child’s progress to the family.
- Promote the nutrition and health of children and protect children and staff from illness and injury.
- Employ and support a teaching staff that has the educational qualifications, knowledge, and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development and to support families’ diverse interests and needs.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with each child’s family.
- Establish relationships with and use the resources of the community to support achievement of program goals.
- Provide a safe and healthy physical environment.
- Implement strong personnel, fiscal, and program management policies so that all children, families, and staff have high-quality experiences.
NAEYC Accreditation is awarded for five years. S.E.E.D.S. was re-accredited in 2014. During this period, S.E.E.D.S. must submit annual reports documenting that we remain compliant with the NAEYC program standards.
For more information about the standards and NAEYC Accreditation, visit www.families.naeyc.org.